As defined by the Aging Life Care Association, professional geriatric care management is a holistic, client centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges.
Working with families, geriatric care managers’ expertise provides the answers at a time of uncertainty. Elder Care Connection took this idea and brought it to a new level. Karen and Grace created a care management program that can be custom tailored to your exact needs. These are the situations that benefit from the Elder Care Connection Geriatric Care Management program:
- Your loved one wants to stay in their home, but you do not live close enough to keep an eye on them
- You have power of attorney and need supervision for a loved one
- You need a medication box filled on a regular basis
- You are unable to attend doctor appointments with your loved one
- You are overwhelmed with the amount of tasks needed for a loved one’s care and living situation
Our Geriatric Care Management program can cover a myriad of situations and needs. What distinguishes our GCM program from others is that our care managers are Registered Nurses. With a nursing background, our care managers have a unique, hands-on perspective on what it means to care for someone. By retaining ECC for Geriatric Care Management, you are truly getting two services in one; Care Management and Nursing Management. These are some of the tasks that can be included in your personalized Geriatric Care Management program.
- Ordering of supplies to home (medical, daily living, toileting, incontinence, etc.)
- Coordination of home repairs
- Accompany loved one to doctor’s appointments
- Coordination of transporting loved one
- Medication management (filling of medication boxes, drop off and pick up of prescriptions, etc.)
- Coordination of home delivered groceries
The above are just a few of the tasks that are included in the Geriatric Care Management program. We work with you to develop the best plan for your situation. We set up a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly visits at your request.